** Midweek booking discount From 21st April to 18th July 2020 of 20% on Camping pitches. Discount already applied at checkout. Valid Monday to Thursday. **
Breaks Fold Farm is a quiet, traditional Yorkshire hill farm tucked away in the beautiful Washburn Valley, part of the Nidderdale AONB and on the edge of Yorkshire Dales National Park. We overlook the beautiful Thruscross reservoir and have access to excellent walking, cycling, fishing throughout the Washburn Valley. The site is perfect if you wish to enjoy a peaceful, non-commercial experience.
If you want to explore The Yorkshire Dales, Harrogate or Skipton, we are a perfect base - fabulous views are guaranteed around and about! Our site is basic, clean and traditional. With thirty pitches in 2 fields, with loads of space for everyone. We never over book the site and are constantly looking for ways to improve the facilities.
We have since opening developed and expanded the existing facilities and have now doubled the existing toilets and showers. We are also newly affiliated to The Freedom Camping Club for the 2018 season a free membership club open to all.
Our season is weather dependant but usually runs from the 1st May bank holiday until the end of September/October. If the weather permits we do try to get open for Easter, but sometimes this isn't possible.
We are small family run and extremely proud of our little site.
*** New for the 2020 season, introducing our onsite cafe bistro Flock to the Fold, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (Friday, Saturday and Bank Holiday Sundays evenings) Eat in or takeaway delicious local produce and wood fired pizza. ***
The pitches are basic grass pitches. There are no electric hookups – This is good old fashioned proper camping.
- TENTS ONLY (we will accept small VW campers and trailer tents) - caravans and motorhomes please go to the Certificated Location Page
- Groups of 8 people or over are allowed but a group representative must call us prior to booking and we are very strict about noise & drunken disorderly conduct, so please don't bother contacting us if you are looking to party the night away, that's not what we are about.
- Single night and last minute bookings welcome (you will need to contact us for availability).
- 3 acre site set over 2 fields
- Quiet, rural location with stunning views
- Plenty of wildlife (and farm animals)
- Toilet block
- Shower Block with hair driers all free of charge
- Onsite Cafe Bistro
- Information Hut
- Vending Machine
- Shared fridge and freezer
- Washing up area
- Small children's play area
- Direct access to local walks
- Dogs allowed for small charge (we charge for dogs as we feel it makes people more responsible)
- Barbecues allowed (must be raised off the ground)
- Family, Duke of Edinburgh and motorbike friendly
- No fires allowed. Only fires and wood bought from us can be used.
- From £9.50 per adult per night
- From £4.00 per child per night aged 5-15yrs
- Children under 4yrs and under are free
- 1st Car FREE (Please note in adverse weather you may be asked to park on hard standing out of the field)
- Extra cars (more than 1) are £3.00 each per night
- Dogs are £1.00 each per night (max 3 dogs per party and must be kept on a lead at all times in the camping fied and around the farm.)
- Gazebos 3m/3m Max (anything larger must be paid for extra) £5 per night
- Showers FREE
- Day guests £4.00 each (between 14:00 and 21:00 only)
- Early Arrivals 11.00 - 14.00 (Not available on Bank Holidays) £10.00 per unit
- Late Departure 14.00 - 18.00 (Not available on Bank Holidays) £10.00 per unit (NO EARLY ARRIVALS ALLOWED OR LATE DEPARTURES OVER BANK HOLIDAY WEEKENDS)
Subject to availability we come round on an evening (6-7pm) with the following:
- Fire pits (including a bag of fuel logs and firelighters) Only our fire pits & fuel logs to be used
- Disposable BBQs
- Bag of marshmallows with toasting sticks and more!
- Mystical Fire - magic colour changing flames, fun for everyone!
Please note we do not have any disabled facilities onsite at the moment. We are happy to assist people with mobility problems, but due to the nature of the local landscape it is not advisable for those with serious mobility issues. Putting suitable accessible facilities in place is something we are working towards in the future. We welcome all to our site, so please get in touch if you need further information.
Please read the terms and conditions before booking and check the availability on the right hand side.
Clicking on BOOK NOW will take you to BEDS24 our secure booking system.
- Please arrive between 2pm and 8pm, and leave your pitch before 11am. If you wish to arrive or depart outside these times then you must let us know as soon as possible – We do not allow early arrivals as this is time we need to cut grass etc. With regards to late arrivals the latest arrival time is 9pm.
- Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead at all times due to livestock nearby. Dogs must be exercised away from the main camping area (there are lots of walks on our doorstep) and any dog mess must be cleared up and disposed of.
- If you are part of a group of over 8 people, you must call us before booking otherwise you may be refused entry on arrival. A member of your group most take responsibility for your group. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you cause a nuisance, with no refund.
- This is a working farm with moving machinery and animals, which means all children must be closely supervised by an adult and not allowed to wander, climb on walls etc.
- So everyone enjoys their stay with us, we ask for no noise between 10pm and 8am.
- The camping field is partially sloping at one end but there are plenty of flatter areas.
- Please check the availability calendar on the right-hand side before booking.
- In poor weather conditions you may not be able to park your car in the field.
- We do not offer refunds on bookings – We offer a rebooking service, where you can rebook any time in the next 12 months in the event of not being able to come.